Why Circular economy and green economy?
Circular economy is the key element for the necessary economic paradigm shift from a linear consumption system based on the erosion of resources to a regenerative system that prolongs the value and useful life of the material and energy resources.
Green economy is the area that generates the most jobs in sectors related to the environment and that further leverages the improvement of processes in any type of activity.
The European Union points out that this new way of consuming and producing creates new business and employment opportunities at the local level and assumes the development and implementation of a green economy—sustainable and innovative—as the central objective.
The European Commission views the transition to a circular economy as an opportunity to modernize and transform Europe on its way to sustainable competitiveness and to help businesses against scarce resources and price volatility.
- Support the development of new business and collaborative strategies.
- Leveraging new trade or technology transfer agreements in the field of green circular economy.
- Promote the development of projects and the organization of consortia to apply for Horizon 2020.
- Contribute to the multiplication of opportunities and benefits generated by the green circular economy.
- Waste management.
- Productive development of mountain areas in Portugal and Galicia.
- Technological applications for a circular economy and a green economy.
Under the aegis of the Enterprise Europe Network (an initiative of the European Commission to support companies in expanding their businesses to new markets), the organization of this conference between Northern Portugal and Galicia is promoted by Parque Tecnolóxico de Galicia (which belongs to the Galactea-Plus consortium as a member of the Enterprise Europe Network) and the Associação Empresarial de Portugal (AEP), through its delegation in Porto, as a member of the Enterprise Europe Network, with the support of the technology center EnergyLab and Exportrends.